Faculty of Medicine
Department of Epidemiology and
Other EUROHEIS-related papers/publications
P Aylin, R Maheswaran, J Wakefield, S Cockings, L Jarup, R Arnold, G Wheeler and P Elliott. A national facility for small area disease mapping and rapid initial assessment of apparent disease clusters around a point source: the UK Small Area Health Statistics Unit Journal of Public Health Medicine, 1999, Volume 21, Issue 3, pp. 289-298
- Elliott P, Cuzick J, English D, Stern R (eds). Geographical and Environmental Epidemiology: Methods for Small-Area Studies. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1992, 382 pp
- Elliott P, Best N. Geographical patterns of disease. In: Encyclopaedia of Biostatistics, Armitage P, Colton T (eds). J Wiley & Sons Ltd , UK, 1998, Vol.2, pp 1694-1701.
- Wakefield J, Elliott P. Issues in the statistical analysis of small area health data. Stat Med 1999; 18: 2377-2399.
- Elliott P, Wakefield JC. Small area studies of environment and health. In: Statistics for the Environment 4: Statistical Aspects of Health and the Environment. Barnett V, Stein A, Turkman KF (eds). J Wiley & Sons Ltd, 1999, pp 3-27.
- Arnold R, Elliott P, Wakefield J, Quinn M (eds). Population counts in small area studies: Implications for studies of environment and health. Studies on Medical and Population Subjects, Office for National Statistics (1999).
- Elliott P, Wakefield JC, Best NG, Briggs DJ (eds). Spatial Epidemiology: Methods and Applications. Oxford: Oxford University Press (2000).
- Pekkanan J, Pukkala E, Vahteristo M, Vatiainen T. Studying cancer incidence around an oil refinery as an example of a small area study based on map coordinates. Environ Res 1995; 71: 128-34
- S Cockings, A Poulstrup, D Martin, H L Hansen. Exploring zone design methods for a small-area environmental epidemiological study. Epidemiology, 13 (4) Supplement, 2002, S132.
EUROHEIS symposium at ISEE 2002
A European Health and Environment Information System for Disease and Exposure Mapping and Risk Assessment.
Symposium: Health and Environment Information Systems - a European Approach
Chair: Dr Lars Järup
Co-Chair: Dr Arne Poulstrup
Monday 12 August 10:00 - 12:00
- EUROHEIS (European Health and Environment Information System) - applications and case studies
Aylin, P, Cockings, S, Ferrándiz, J, Hammar, N, Järup, L, Kelly, A, Martuzzi, M, Poulstrup, A, Pekkanen, J
- Use of exposure simulation models and health registers integrated with GIS
Poulstrup, A, Hansen, HL
- Contribution of geographical studies to environment and health decision making
- Risk of cancer and proximity of residence to a river with high sediment levels of dioxins
Verkasalo, PK, Kokki, E, Pukkala, E, Kiviranta, H, Vartiainen, T, Pekkanen, J
- Injury mortality in young people: urban-rural differences
Staines, A, Boland, M, Scallan, E, Fitzpatrick, P, Laffoy, M, Kelly, A
- Exploring zone design methods for a small-area environmental epidemiological study
Cockings, S, Poulstrup, A, Martin, D, Hansen, HL
- Small area statistics on health (SMASH) - a system for rapid investigations of cancer in Finland
Kokki, E, Penttinen, A, Pukkala, E, Verkasalo, PK, Pekkanen, J
Click here to view the full programme for the ISEE conference